Masters degree required, Ph.D., or PharmD, preferred
- 7+ years of working experience within the pharmaceutical industry or supporting industries (i.e. CRO, Healthcare consulting, and Communication agencies).
- 5+ years of professional experience in Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Development.
- At least 5 years of experience within Oncology (could be from academia or industry) is a must.
- Prior field based Medical Affairs experience is preferred.
- Experience within the managed market area and prior experience in health economics is a plus.
- Prior experience in teaching or training.
- An established track record of effective high quality medical communications outputs e.g., manuscripts, poster presentations, slide presentations.
- Strong scientific acumen with the ability to translate and effectively communicate complex scientific data for varying audiences.
- Strong collaboration with experience working cross-functionally with key stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, team player, able to take initiatives and act independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills with proven track record to deliver multiple projects in time and excellent quality.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate complex scientific information in easy to understand, condensed formats that maintain the scientific integrity of the original information.
- Ability to visualize complex science into easy understandable graphic illustrations.
- Able to translate corporate strategies and objectives and apply to medical/scientific communications, as appropriate.
- Ability to effectively manage medical communications agencies and/or freelancers
- Able to deal with ambiguity, can identify and manage differences through discussion and agreement, as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the VP of Medical Affairs, Director Field Based Medicine and Medical Affairs operations, able to manage budget for related MSL training/education activities and external expert engagement strategies.